Here’s a list of the 21 best things people have told me about Avery:
1. He’s a joy
2. He’s a love
3. He’s so cute!
4. Avery has a beautiful way about him
5. I’m proud you’re my sister
6. I love you
7. Avery is the sweetest brother, he’s even better than chocolate
8. What’s Down syndrome?
9. The things we are most afraid of are the things we most need to learn to understand
10. Life is long
11. You have a beautiful family
12. Is this your little boy? He’s a wonderful little boy (spoken by the grocery store bagger, a man with developmental delays)
13. You’ve been in my heart-space
14. Avery makes me happy when I’m feeling sad (from Carter).
15. Where’s my A.E.? (from Bennett)
16. He’s a little boy, not a syndrome
18. Double blessings!
19. Take it one day at a time
20. Make a place for disability in your life, then
21. put disability in its place.