or 8 Facts About Me, is a meme (or me-me) and Niksmom from Maternal Instincts…Flying by the Seat of my Pants tagged me. Here are the rules:
1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.
Here are the facts about me (I think last time I did a meme I lied a lot; these facts are all true):
1. I am a little bit afraid of heights. Okay, a lot afraid, which I was reminded of on our vacation to Yellowstone National Park. There is a place called “Artist’s Point” at upper Yellowstone Falls, and I spent most of my time at the scenic overlook pulling my kids and their cousins away from the edge saying, a little shrilly, “Not too close! Don’t get too close!”
2. I’ve walked up the narrow stone steps of a Mayan temple; I’ve sipped hot chocolate under a white featherblanket in a hotel on Lake Lucerne; I’ve snorkeled through a school of pinfish in the Gulf of Mexico. I bought a little bottle of perfume in a duty-free shop on the Dutch side of St. Maarten; I’ve eaten pineapple cut fresh from the field on the big island of Hawaii.
3. I helped a cow deliver her baby by pulling on the calf’s forelegs, so it would slide out faster, and I was present at it’s first, sweet, bewildered breath.
4. At one time, I wore a cowboy hat everyday and was paid to take people on horseback rides through the quaking Aspens of Breckenridge, CO.
5. I don’t like desserts, except chocolate, if you count chocolate as a dessert. I count it as a medical necessity, like vitamins. Did you know dark chocolate is good for you?
6. My favorite time of year is the fall, after the first hard frost, when people in this valley begin using their wood-burning stoves and you can smell wisps of wood smoke in the air.
7. I didn’t think I’d enjoy doing this list, but I actually am.
8. I love reading mysteries. They are my secret indulgence. It began with the Nancy Drews I’d read as a girl in my treefort; then came Agatha Christie. Now it’s Diane Mott Davidson, Tony Hillerman, Sue Grafton, Sarah Paretski, Janet Evanovich, Peter Bowen, Jenny Siler, the Kellermans, and on and on…I don’t know what this says about me?
Now to tag 8 other bloggers, people I’d love to know more about:
Braska Bear; Flip Flop Mama; Gaijin Mama; Mountain Mama; Our Vietnamese Lady Bug; Snippets; Sweetest Cherry in an Apple Pie; and The Ups and Downs of our Life.